Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG)
At SBS HEATING & PLUMBING LTD. we are one of the few companies qualified to work on your Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) Gas Boilers, fires, cookers and hobs.
This includes Gas Cylinders and Bulk Storage Gas including Calor, we are qualified to work on Both Propane & Butane. within your home, caravan and your motor home
We are trained and able to cover the following LPG Installations, Services and Repairs
- Residential Park Homes
- Domestic Properties
- Water Heaters
- Changing Regulator
- Installation of LPG Boilers
- Servicing of LPG Boilers
- Landlord and Leisure Industry Landlord Certificates
Calor Gas, LPG, Caravans, LPG Boilers
SBS HEATING & PLUMBING LTD., are BASED IN BURNLEY,LANCS & cover all plumbing heating and gas works, including, bathroom suites, tap changes, cylinder changes, boiler installations, and Portable Appliance Tests ,Calor Gas, LPG, Caravans, LPG Boilers.
LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) is the closest alternative to mains gas and is used for central heating, water heating and cooking. It can be stored in cylinders, in a tank (above or below ground) and is delivered to a property via a pipeline.
LPG Running costs
- Calor LPG prices tend to be fairly stable with prices usually fixed for at least 6 months, so you’re less likely to experience unexpected hikes in your fuel bills.
Carbon emissions / the environment
- LPG has the lowest carbon emissions out of all the fossil fuels available in rural areas, and emits 19 percent less CO2 per kWh than heating oil, 30 percent less than coal and more than 50 percent less than electricity.(All costs subject to ever changing energy costs)
- LPG does not pose any ground or water pollution hazards. It burns cleanly with no soot and very few sulphur emissions, producing just carbon dioxide and water.
- LPG is compatible with renewable and low-carbon technologies. It is the ideal back-up fuel for solar thermal water heating in off mains gas areas, therefore satisfying planning permission requirements.
- High efficiency LPG condensing boilers, to meet Building Regulations, are available from leading manufacturers.
Features and benefits of LPG
- LPG is convenient and versatile – it can fuel central heating, water heating, fires and cookers with a real and controllable flame for gas hobs, ovens and fires.
- Storage options for LPG are very flexible and include underground tank storage so that only the tank’s lid is visible. It is perfectly safe to store LPG underground, as in the unlikely event of a leak the fuel would vaporise – so it wouldn’t contaminate any soil or fresh water that might be nearby.
- Calor offers automatic fuel top-ups, so the property owner should never be without fuel.
- LPG tanks are secure; the fuel cannot be siphoned out.
- LPG installers must be CORGI registered, which protects property owners.
- The storage tank remains the property and responsibility of Calor, so there’s no need to worry about insurance or maintenance.
- There is a wide choice of appliances available from leading manufacturers.
- The running costs of LPG are higher than mains gas and like other fuels the cost of LPG follows the cost of oil.
- Historically, oil heating systems have been cheaper to run than LPG, but
this is no longer the case.
BELOW ARE TYPICAL LPG INSTALLTIONS:-